Production on “The Green Machine” has come to a close and we have officially begun post-production. Post-production on “The Green Machine” will last until or around April 22nd, at which time we should have a final cut of the film. At that particular juncture, we will then seek out someone to score the film and tentatively have the whole thing in the can by May or June.
Overall, production on the “The Green Machine” was successful. Going into it we had three major goals:
To shoot a more technically advanced project
To cast and work with trained actors
To work full shooting days (i.e. 12 pages a day – the script was actually 25, so we did a 12-page day and a 13-page day).
Not only did we accomplish all three goals, but as Tim indicated, we did so 21 minutes ahead of schedule.
There were some minor mishaps along the way, such as the fire alarm we set off with a fogger and a near brush with the Chestertown Fire Department, but otherwise everyone walked away from the weekend relatively unscathed. Even temper wise, there weren’t any major fights. Tim and I (rather amazingly) only came close once to really going “gallaghers” on each other. The greatest cause for worry the whole weekend was a certain “seasoned beef” smell in the cottage, which we later learned was human waste in one of the trash cans.
There is still a lot to be done on “The Green Machine” and a whole lot more to be reckoned with. But the worst is over. I can’t even begin to communicate how much I’ve learned working on the project, nor can I communicate how fun it has been. It has truly been one of the greatest experiences in my life so far.