Below is the modified recipe made for a pot-luck lunch at work last week. The standard no bake cookie recipe calls for of 1 cup peanut butter, but instead I used half peanut butter, half nutella. You might want to experiment using just nutella, or using some other nut spread and see how it turns out.
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup nutella
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups oatmeal
- Wax paper
1) In a pot melt the butter then add the sugar, cocoa and milk. 2) Mix thoroughly and boil for one minute.
WARNING: Vanilla extract is traditionally suspended in an ethanol solution. Experience has shown that due to the low boiling point of ethanol, adding the vanilla quickly while the butter is still boiling will make the pot suddenly boil up violently for a few seconds. Exercise caution when adding the vanilla extract.
3) Add the peanut butter, nutella and vanilla.
4) Mix until the peanut butter and nutella are homogenized into the mixture.
5) Add the oatmeal and mix until it’s all thoroughly coated and evenly mixed in.
6) Spread waxed paper and drop spoonfuls of mixture to the desired size. Should cool and harden in less than an hour. (I think I’ve also seen this made in a pan as bars.)
Note: This is mostly based on a recipe I found online here.